Friday, July 24, 2009

Top Writer Fred Spanish Pitches Hollywood




Attn: Name Blocked (Imagine the biggest studio ever)
*********




I would like to submit my query regarding a movie script that I just finished. Attached is a confidentiality statement please sign before reading.


This is just a taste.



Hank (Played by Judge Reinhold) wakes up one day and realizes his life is going nowhere. His wife left him and his two kids Mark (Played by the Red Head Kid from Problem Child) and Sarah (Played by Laurie Petty, Tank Girl) with a pile bills and a driveway to share with his wacky gay neighbors.

Hank works at a top invention firm and he needs his entrance in this years National Invention Contest to win the prize money to keep the creditors at bay. Problem is Frank White (Preferably played by Chad Lowe) is entering and he has always been a thorn in Hank’s side.

One day Hank and his kids are eating at a national seafood chain, where in his fish basket he finds a key and a map. It leads him to a wacky scientist who gives him the recipe to cure hiccups. Hank wins and his house and family are saved. He also finds a love interest. Preferably with large breasts.


Here are some possible titles.
If hiccups are lucky I must be lucky also
The magic hiccup cure
Fish basket of discovery
Fishy Keys

I am shopping this script pretty hard. I sent it to your company because I heard some good things. I assume a biding war could be in the future. I like your company and I am leaning towards you guys.

Fred Spanish



A Response soon followed

Dear Fred

Thanks for your pitch. However, we are currently closed to new submissions. Good luck with the project.

Sincerely,
Name blocked
A high power studio exec